Dioptics, it's e-commerce affiliate FGX Direct LLC, and their affiliated companies are committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most advanced and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the www.diopticssunwear.com website (“Website”) and all linked microsites and governs data collection and usage. By using the Website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Dioptics may collect personally identifiable information, anonymous demographic information, and information about your computer hardware and software. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through public message boards, such information may be collected and used by others. Dioptics encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Website so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Dioptics is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Website.
Dioptics may collect and use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Dioptics. Dioptics may also contact you via surveys to conduct research or to solicit your opinion on current services or new services that may be offered.
Dioptics does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Dioptics may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information would not be transferred to the third party. In addition, Dioptics may share data with trusted partners to help Dioptics perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Dioptics, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Dioptics may keep track of the links and pages that users access within the Website, in order to determine what services are the most popular. This data may be used to deliver customized content and advertising to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Dioptics secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Dioptics will not use or disclose sensitive personal information without your explicit consent. Dioptics will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
The Website uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk drive by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. A cookie will tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages, or register with the Website, a cookie helps Dioptics to recall your specific information on subsequent visits to the Website. When you return to the Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website.
Dioptics will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy. Dioptics encourages you to periodically review this Statement of Privacy to be informed of how Dioptics is using and protecting your information.
Dioptics welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Dioptics has not adhered to this Statement of Privacy, please contact Dioptics at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
2016 Dioptics Thanksgiving Day GIVEAWAY!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND BE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. YOU MUST BE IN THE UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT TIME OF ENTRY.
1) Sponsor and Entry Dates: The 2016 Dioptics Thanksgiving Day GIVEAWAY! (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Dioptics Medical Products, Inc. (“Sponsor”) The Sweepstakes begins at 1:00:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on November 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PST on November 22nd, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the start date of the Sweepstakes (“Eligible Participants”). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling & spouse; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) and persons living in the same households as such employees (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and will not be considered Eligible Participants. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entrant will be deemed the person named on the order or on the mail in card.
4) Winner Determination: At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) entry from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period to award the Grand Prize. The person associated with that entry will be deemed a “Qualifier.” The Qualifier will be notified by email at the email address provided with qualifying order/entry (the “Qualifier Notification”) and will be required to answer a skill question and verify eligibility within three (3) days of the send date of Qualifier Notification. If the Qualifier correctly answers the skill question and is verified as eligible within the specified time frame, he/she will be deemed the “Winner.” After the Grand Prize is awarded to a winner, eight (8) more entries will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries for the remaining prizes until “Winners” are determined for such prizes in accordance with this paragraph. Odds of being selected as the Qualifier depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on winner determination and all other matters related to this Sweepstakes.
Nine (9) total prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. One (1) “Grand Prize” consisting of a Visa Gift Card (Retail Value (“ARV”): $100) and eight (8) additional prizes consisting of a pair of sunglasses (ARV: $25 each). All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Any costs associated with prize acceptance and uses that are not specified herein as being provided by Sponsor are the Winner’s sole responsibility. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any prize component with a prize of equal or greater value. A prize recipient shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item (b) redeem the prize for cash or (c) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person. The verified Winner’s prize will be shipped to him/her at the shipping address provided at the time of entry. If Qualifier Notification is returned as undeliverable, if Qualifier fails to comply with directions provided by Sponsor, or if Qualifier is determined to be ineligible for any reason, prize will be forfeited and an alternate Qualifier will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries, and the same Winner determination/verification process will be followed. Up to three (3) attempts will be made to determine/verify a Winner, and if there is no Winner after three (3) attempts, the prize may not be awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes: $ 300
6) General: All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes or any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for a prize and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should a technology failure, virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes or prevent the Sweepstakes from running as originally planned, and to the extent feasible, Sponsor will select a Qualifier, determine and verify the Winner, and award the prize from among entries received prior to cancellation or modification. Sponsor is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Entries which are not in compliance with these Official Rules are void.
By submitting an entry and/or accepting a prize, each winner grants to Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use his/her name and address (city and state) for advertising and promotional purposes across all of Sponsor’s web, social and digital media sites without compensation (unless prohibited by law).
7) Release of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, all entrants release Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, and each of their officers, directors, agents, employees (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Sweepstakes, entries and/or from their acceptance, possession, use or mis-use of prizes, including any responsibility or liability for any (a) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the Sweepstakes Site, or (b) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure or delay of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or (c) any combination thereof including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other equipment related to or resulting from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. The Sweepstakes is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
8) Limitation of Liability, Disputes and Choice of Law: IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANT’S ACTION TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Except where prohibited, participants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in the Federal or State Courts located in the State of Rhode Island, Providence County and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State ofRhode Islandwithout regard for conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction.
10) Winner’s List: The name of the winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by February 28, 2017 to: Dioptics Medical Products, Inc., Attention: 2016 Dioptics Thanksgiving Day GIVEAWAY! Winner List, 1327 Archer Street, San Luis Obispo, California 93401.
11) Sponsored by: Dioptics Medical Products, Inc., 1327 Archer Street, San Luis Obispo, California 93401.